Monday, August 27, 2007

hoochie mama

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


I had call to go to austin this weekend and on my way down stopped at The Shade Tree in Lorena.
I have a love for dive bars and the weirder the better in my book. I use a couple along hwy 35 at
a potty/beer break. better than a gas station or rest stop visit and takes about the same amount
of time.
The Shade Tree makes the mark. I had visited one other time and liked it.
Imagine.... built in the 40's, about as smoky redneck bar as you can get, and fitted with older
weathered rednecks that look about 20 yrs. older than their real ages.

I waded in through the smoke and was greeted once again by the rebel flag over the bar.
There was a fold out table with about 6 people propped up in their chairs around it.
As I passed them to head to the bar i heard one old fella say...."there's a hoochie mama".

I started snickering to myself. Never have been called that. and i did not even have on any sexy
stepping out wear. but i was a lady, one about 20 yrs. junior of any of them, and well i
was a lady.....

Ordered my beer then got up to go to the restroom. the rednecks do have a clean one....one
thing that makes the mark for them. Then i heard another fella say...."yep that's a hoochie mama."

I left before they could get the jukebox going and get the party started. That is probably
a story told before at The Shade Tree.

No comments: